Comprehensive Water-craft, Commercial Hull, Goods in Transit & Liability Cover

Pleasure Craft, jetskis & Yachts

  • Small-craft (with or without trailer) can be covered on a stand-alone basis.
  • Full comprehensive cover, including Private Use and Fishing Charters.
  • Territorial limits - RSA, Namibia, Malawi, Mozambique, Swaziland, Botswana, Lesotho, Zimbabwe, Kenya and Tanzania, to a distance of 50 nautical miles off shore.  International sailing yachts have limits beyond 50 nautical miles off shore.
  • Settlement Basis: Within first 12 months of registration - new replacement basis including a 10% inflation contingency.
  • Discounts for: Inland use only,
  • Medical Expenses for Insured or Insured’s passenger as a direct result of personal injuries caused by violent accidental external and visible means.
  • Reparation of vessel and trailer outside the borders of RSA following damage
  • Damage to machinery by flotsam is covered.
  • Collision or impact with submerged objects is covered.
  • Once the vessel is insured, you have the option to add all risk items, (ie. Fishing and diving equipment, GPS , fish-finders, radios electronic equipment, etc.),
  • Third party and Passenger liability is included.
  • Accidental Death and Personal Accident cover for the Insured and all passengers - including fishing charters.
  • Roadside Assistance Benefits following a roadside emergency, travel assist and weather-line.
  • Medical Assistance Helpline, Emergency evacuation for the Insured and all passengers - including fishing charters,
  • Guaranteed Hospital Admission up to an agreed value

Commercial Hull

Insurance for hull risks and associated liabilities for all types of working vessels.

Vessels insured range from ocean-going and charter vessels used on a commercial basis, harbour craft, workboats and tugs, coastal trading vessels, diamond recovery vessels, tourist/charter vessels, passenger ferries and fishing vessels, etc. etc.

Protection and Indemnity, Collision Liability and War cover can be included.

Goods in Transit

If your business involves the transportation of goods, whether placed in your own car, in a truck, by sea or via the postal system from one destination to another, you would need goods in transit Insurance cover as this is important for protecting the financial interest you have in the goods and your business.

  • Cargo Insurance – protection for goods or livestock against physical loss or damage
  • Protection for goods carrier by professional transport operators

Marine liabilities

  • Freight Forwarder’s Liability
  • Containers Liability
  • Stevedores Liability
  • Marina Operators Liability
  • Charterer’s Liability
  • Ship Repairers Liability 
Back Back to top